Created 10 May 2017 15:52
I always forget this, so I'm documenting it here for myself. If you make SFTP connections from automated scripts or within a program, you really want to be supplying the SSH key.
On Windows, this can be extracted by doing the following:
- Open registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SimonTatham\PuTTY\SshHostKeys
- All the keys are stored, with types, on the right hand side under the SshHostKeys folder. The Name of each entry contains the host.
- Delete the key for the host you're looking for, and reconnect using Filezilla. It should supply you with a challenge response with the key and value for future use.
- You may want to confirm this key with the owner of the source system!